Friday, October 12, 2012

Best Poem of 2005


This poem, written by an Africcan child was nominated for the Best Poem of 2005.

Colour

When I born, I black; When I grow up I black; When I go in sun I black; When I scared, I black; When I sick, I black;
And when I die, I still black;
And U white fellows;
When U born, U pink;
When U grow up, U white;
When U go in sun, U red;
When U cold, U blue;
When U scared, U yellow;
When U sick, U green;
When U die, U grey;
And U call me coloured


We are all humans, there's not different in black and white and yellow and red.
As long as we are moral-ed and well educated, we are good people.
As long as we are contributing to the country nation and peoples, we are good people.
As long as we respect each of us, we'll be respected.
Stop discrimination, every life has its value in this world.

4 comments:

  1. this child is a good kid yall sholud give him and the rest of his fam a good home and a shelter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't be able to write something as motivational as this even at the age of 25.

    ReplyDelete